Lawrence Township Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Experienced Traffic Violation Defense Attorney in Lawrence, NJ Successfully Represents Clients in Mercer County and Throughout South Jersey
Receiving a traffic violation in Lawrence Township, New Jersey can be a frustrating and stressful experience. You’re likely wondering how this violation will affect your life moving forward. Does this mean points on my license? If so, how long will those points stay on my license? Will my auto insurance payments increase? Here at the Law Offices of Michele Finizio, we get it. We understand that penalties for violating traffic laws can be severe. Hiring a skilled Lawrence Township traffic ticket lawyer is key for the successful outcome of your case. Drawing upon our extensive experience in all types of traffic violations, we will effectively guide you to your absolute best case scenario. Vast knowledge and a proven, successful track record offer our clients outstanding service with exceptional results.
Facing A Municipal Court Violation And Have Questions? We Can Help. Contact The Law Offices of Michele Finizio Today At 856-888-9059 Or Fill Our Our Convenient Online Contact Form For A Free Consultation About Your Case.
About Traffic Violations in Lawrence Township and Throughout New Jersey
Traffic violations in Lawrence Township, and throughout New Jersey, are taken very seriously by law enforcement. Moving violations are typically offenses that occur while a vehicle is in motion. These violations usually involve a high level of risk to public safety and are often considered very serious. Moving violations are also more likely to result in points on your driving record which may affect your insurance rates and may even result in suspension of your driving privileges. The following is a list of both moving and non-moving traffic violations you may receive in Lawrence Township and throughout New Jersey.
Moving Traffic Violations in New Jersey Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Driving while intoxicated/driving under the influence: DWI and DUI are two very serious traffic violations that could end in tragedy. If you drive with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or higher in New Jersey, you may be arrested and charged.
- Reckless driving: If a driver operates a vehicle in a way that endangers people or property, they are driving recklessly.
- Speeding: Exceeding the posted speed limit is one of the most common traffic violations in New Jersey. The fines for speeding vary depending on how much over the speed limit you were driving.
- Running a red light or stop sign: The fine for this traffic violation can be high.
- Failure to yield: If a driver fails to give the proper right of way to another driver or to a pedestrian, that driver has earned the failure to yield violation.
- Driving without a valid driver’s license or insurance policy: If you do not have a valid license and/or insurance policy in Lawrence Township you may have your car impounded, receive a ticket and face hefty fines.
- Texting while driving: Not only is texting and driving dangerous, it is also illegal in New Jersey. Penalties are high and typically increase for a second offense.
- Failure to keep right: New Jersey requires drivers to stay in the right-most lane unless passing another vehicle or passing a stationary emergency vehicle.
Additional Moving Traffic Violations That Lawrence Township Traffic Ticket Lawyer Michele Finizio Can Help You With:
- Improper passing or lane changing
- Failure to use turn signals
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Failure to use headlights during certain hours or weather conditions
Non-Moving Traffic Violations in New Jersey Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Parking violations: Parking violations include parking in front of a fire hydrant, parking in a no-parking zone, or parking in a handicapped spot without a permit.
- Equipment violations: Includes a broken taillight or headlight, not having working windshield wipers, or having a loud exhaust.
- Expired registration or inspection: New Jersey requires drivers to maintain current registration and inspection at all times.
- Tinted windows: Having tinted windows that are too dark and not allowed by law may result in fines and penalties.
- Failure to wear a seatbelt: In New Jersey, a driver is also responsible for non-compliant passengers and may receive a fine if a passenger does not wear a seatbelt. Additionally, a front-seat passenger may also receive a violation for failure to wear a seatbelt. This non-moving violation may still appear on your driver history abstract and cause a surcharge on your insurance policy. You may also receive points on your license for violating child safety seat laws.
- Failure to display license plates: This applies to both the front and back license plates.
- Obstructing traffic: Includes parking or stopping a vehicle in a way that obstructs the flow of traffic.
In 2020 there were a total of 2,479,345 traffic violations filed in the New Jersey court system. If you receive a ticket for a traffic violation in Lawrence Township, New Jersey it is important to take these violations seriously and to address them promptly (within 30 days) by seeking legal representation. You may be subject to fines, points on your driver’s license, loss of licensure or even jail time, depending on the severity of the offense. Hiring an accomplished traffic violation defense attorney to represent you in Lawrence Township is essential for the success of your case.
I can honestly say that I am 100% satisfied with the outcome of my case. Michael handled my case very well. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who needs help with any court issues.
Very realistic and professional. Great with communication and prompt with follow ups. Flexible with availability, responds to both texts and phone calls. I was very happy with the service I received.
Michele is an amazing attorney. She goes above and beyond to help. She answers her phone at all times of the day and is eager to get you the answers and give you the advice and representation you need. Don’t hesitate to use her services!!!!
Why Choose Lawrence Township Traffic Ticket Lawyer Michele Finizio?
Facing a traffic violation in Lawrence Township can be daunting. Now is the time to call on experienced professionals. Studies have shown that having legal representation in court can significantly increase the chances of a favorable outcome. According to a study by the National Center for State Courts, defendants who had legal representation were more likely to have their charges reduced or dismissed than those who did not have a lawyer. The study also found that defendants with legal representation received shorter sentences and were less likely to be incarcerated.
However, all legal representation is not equal. Michele Finizio is a highly skilled traffic violation defense attorney defending clients in Lawrence Township and throughout New Jersey. With thousands of cases under her belt and a proven track record of success, Michele Finizio has the experience and the knowledge you need for your case. Now is the best time to make your best choice.
Contact an Experienced Traffic Violation Defense Attorney in Lawrence, NJ at The Law Offices of Michele Finizio Today For a Free Consultation
Do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Michele Finizio if you have received a traffic violation. We are committed to advocating for our clients. During your consultation, we will assess your case and plan a course of action. Rest assured, our knowledge and skill will give you the very best likelihood of success and, with that, peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions About Traffic Ticket Violations in New Jersey
What should I do if I receive a traffic ticket?
What are the possible penalties if I get a traffic ticket?
Yes, it is highly recommended that you seek the assistance of an attorney if you have been charged with DUI in New Jersey. DUI charges can result in serious consequences including fines, suspension of your license and even jail time. An experienced attorney can provide you with solid legal guidance, help you understand the charges against you, and work to develop a strong defense strategy on your behalf. DUI laws can be complex and are constantly evolving. A knowledgeable attorney will have a thorough understanding of the laws and the legal process. Contact us, at the Law Offices of Michele Finizio, as soon as possible for exceptional legal guidance.
Your insurance company may charge a surcharge due to certain traffic violations for three to five years, depending on your insurance company. However, the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) keeps a permanent record of all drivers’ points, even after point reduction occurs. Minimizing the number of points on your driver’s license is important and best achieved with legal representation.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.